Our Environmental Policy
APC Overnight is an environmentally conscious organisation, which acknowledges the impact that our operations may potentially have on the environment. The clear objective of APC Overnight is to minimise any impact on the environment by:
- Preventing pollution, reducing waste and ensuring wherever practical measures are implemented to protect and preserve natural habitats, flora and fauna.
- Considering the effects that our operations may have on the local community.
- Taking measures to prevent and minimise our negative environmental impacts, and responsibly managing those that can't be readily eliminated.
- Communicating openly with suppliers, customers, employees and the general public to develop a mutual understanding of our environmental responsibilities.
- Seeking to work in partnership with the community by behaving in a considerate and socially responsible manner.
- Seeking new ways of providing renewable energy.
Management and supervisory staff have responsibilities for the implementation of the policy to ensure that environmental issues are given adequate consideration in the planning and day-to-day supervision of all work.
APC Overnight will fully comply with the duties placed upon it within the requirements of Statutory Legislation as a minimum standard, and continually aims to improve the environmental effects of our activities.
All employees and sub-contractors are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own works, so far as is reasonably practicable, are carried out without risk to themselves, others or the environment.
APC Overnight will take all practical steps to ensure that potential hazards and risks to the environment are identified and that suitable and effective preventative and control measures are implemented. All employees will be provided with the necessary resources, equipment, information, instruction and training to fulfill the requirements of this policy.
The operation of this policy and the associated procedures will be monitored and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that they remain current and applicable to the company's activities.